Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Whimsy Wednesday {marisolspoon}



I had always seen Marisol Spoon online and was so excited to get to see them in person at last weeks Indie Craft Parade. I first just introduced myself and wanted to tell them how much I loved their work, then I looked to my right and saw something that brought tears to my eyes - the above piece. A beautiful girl who reminds me of what I think Ivey will look like.....with a butterfly on her shoulder (which represents my dear friend I lost last year Laura). I had to have it. The piece also was framed with a gorgeous hand carved woodland frame with a bunny, fox, owl and deer. It was meant to be.
Here is the piece framed - I can't capture how gorgeous the frame is. But I do know how thankful I am for this piece.....and for meeting new friends Lauren & Jason

2 comments:

MarisolSpoon said...

Awe thanks so much Tobi! It was so great to meet you!! It makes our month that "Maya" spoke to you in such a beautiful way. We are overjoyed you have this piece! Your blog is awesome..gives us inspiration to work on ours :) It gets neglected quite often. Looking forward to Dec!

Ivey Handcrafted said...

Oh it really was like that piece was made for me :) I will ALWAYS cherish it. Great to meet you guys and can't wait to hang out again and spend more time getting to know each other. Good luck with your blog, I feel like I am always trying to improve my blog, etc. Constant work, eh? xo, Tobi